The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of LINUX/Windows systems hardware, software and related infrastructure for various IT Operations projects. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual will assist project teams with technical analysis, design and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle. Essentially looking for someone with a strong Unix background, setting up FTP on Unix Server, monitoring, troubleshooting etc. Some Windows experience is a plus.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs; includes requirements gathering activities
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Apply OS patches/upgrades and upgrade administrative tools/utilities on a regular basis.
- Configure / add new services, as necessary
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and documentation
- Contribute to the standardization and definition of operational procedures and best practices.
- Remediate issues around security, application tuning, operating systems, networking, server administration, storage, load balancing and connectivity
- Troubleshoot beyond the network tier and leverage tools to provide troubleshooting guidance to operational IT Team
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures; coordinate and communicate Root Cause Analysis and Corrective actions
- Drive innovation to optimize, automate and standardize the operational delivery processes
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in UNIX (any flavor) and Microsoft
- Strong virtualization knowledge (XEN, VMware) is a plus