This role will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization. Must be highly skilled and able to troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues. The incumbent is expected to provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure, perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures and lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts.
This position will support all platform technology including Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems, Microsoft 365 and serve as the top tier for resolution of end user support issues. This position is expected to ensure tickets are resolved in a timely fashion, manage technical projects and document all technology initiatives. The position is dynamic in nature and may include the support and resolution of issues related to various applications utilized by staff, customers, and tenants. The facility operates 24/7/365 and is a highly secure environment. The incumbent is expected to be able to ensure availability for both on and off site support after hours for emergencies. System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Maintain technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in PowerShell, Python, or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator and VMware Certified Professional) are desirable.