Support customers throughout the company by designing, developing, and maintaining reporting systems and processes which meet the requirements of their unique business needs. Largely responsible for creating, deploying, and maintaining reports for internal customers by ensuring all reporting and reporting systems follow standards, are documented, properly tested and controlled to maintain reporting and system integrity.
- Reports to the Manager of Data and Reporting Services
- Extensive interaction with the Director of Customer Systems and Analytics and other team members
- Will work collaboratively with Software Development Engineers, Analysts, other IT staff, and business stakeholders to create, convert, maintain, and support SSRS reports for all areas of the business
- Partner with leadership and internal stakeholders to understand business and end-user needs, gain subject matter expertise and assess key opportunities, then design and implement high quality data and reporting solutions
- Build visual reports, dashboard and KPI scorecards
- Communicate with report consumers and other stakeholders to elicit and document reporting requirements and propose appropriate solutions
- Design, document and develop functional and technical specifications, report mock-ups, prototypes, and final delivery of reporting solutions
- Proactively work to improve and automate reporting processes
- Design and conversion of reports from other reporting platforms to Microsoft SSRS
- Administration and configuration of SSRS servers
- Develop ad-hoc queries and stored procedures for data mining and data validation.
- Lead the team in troubleshooting and maintenance of existing reports and databases and assist with resolving problems when they arise.
Supporting role in:
- Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Exposure to database development and design
- Project management skills and/or project-based work structures, project lifecycle models,
- Partner with the team in developing and implementing process improvements for data & reporting teams as needed.
- Conduct analysis to determine the best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, system enhancement, or solution
- The development and implementation of standards, procedures, and all required controls for reporting development as needed.
- Identification and implementation of solutions to ensure accurate, reliable, and well documented reports.
- The development of an overall strategy for addressing the business needs surrounding reporting and data analytics.
- Design and support the development and maintenance of a data and reporting systems architecture strategy.
- The development and implementation of plans, direction, and strategies for the IS department in their specific area of focus for reporting, and database development.
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based environment
- Strong experience in reporting systems and development (3-5 years)
- Core reporting applications must include Microsoft Reporting Services and Microsoft
- Optional skillsets may include Power BI, Tableau, Access, Crystal Reports, or Business Objects Enterprise solutions.
- Reporting systems to include experience with installing, administering, and maintaining Microsoft Reporting Services databases and toolsets along with the administration of Reporting Services architecture
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarly with SQL Server and/or Azure
- Familiarity with report scheduling tools, including establishing and maintaining data driven subscriptions
- Familiarity with source control applications, such as Team Foundation Services
- Highly self-motivated and directed and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities, team player, ability to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to define systemic requirements for reports to ensure maintainability