We are looking for a senior-level software engineer who has strong prior data expertise supporting large scale data and application ecosystem. You will be part of the data governance product and technology team that works very closely with platform developers daily to ensure the right data governance solutions to support the platform’s obligation needs, e.g. confidentiality/privacy/security/retention/contract and classification needs.
You will be working closely with our engineers, product development, business partners & product managers, and influencing key decisions in the platform application development lifecycle.
Our Data Infrastructure team builds and runs petabyte scale distributed data platforms that power large scale transactional data, caching, blob/object storage, streaming and media use cases. We are the core data platform on which application developers build highly available services and user experiences. We offer multiple database choices to enrich application development and improve developer agility, including – relational, document style, columnar and key-value stores.
- Build Application and Services Solutions to enable integration between Platform Team solutions
- Evaluate and recommend database governance and lifecycle patterns, standards and processes to improve the overall Data Governance and Lifecycle offerings
- Analyze, design and program software improvements for new data transfers with a goal of developing technical solutions and systems to help mitigate obligation and compliance vulnerabilities and prevent potential future risks
- Optimally partner across Platform Development and database platform teams to understand framework and solution needs to ensure the solution meets our overall governance obligations
- Build Data Model Classification and Categorization Models to support audit, privacy and compliance obligations across different business domains
- Create and update existing Physical Data Models metadata for relational, document style, columnar and key-value stores provisioned across different environments
- Create and enhance automation for creation of DDL scripts for database objects to be created in relational database systems
- Integrate Product Solutions with Platform Solutions, to enhance product platform capabilities
- Work with Data Platform engineers, Engineering Managers, and Product Managers efficiently with necessary multi-tasking skills
- Promote a data-driven software development culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery and business impact
- Help lead data governance solution design reviews across multiple platform teams
- Optimally communicate, represent and evangelize supported Data Infrastructure platforms across external application development teams
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience working as a Software Engineer
- Experience in database technologies such as Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase and MySQL with an extensive focus on scalability, availability and performance.
- Experience in driving technical standards, architectural and data patterns across multiple teams
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency with databases and data patterns, classification and categorization
- Proven understanding of metadata, data quality, data lineage, data security/confidentiality/privacy and related data standards
- Experience in eCommerce industry with a familiarity of Selling, Buying and Payments domains is a plus
- Understanding of agile development methodologies in an iterative development environment
- Proven ability to understand the business and make appropriate trade-offs
- Proactive and energetic individual with a strong bias for action
- Strong verbal & written communicator with excellent organization skills and attention to detail