***MUST BE LOCAL TO TAMPA OR OPEN TO IMMEDIATE RELOCATION***
Implement and monitor security processes relative to IT Policy, Procedure, and Compliance with respect to NISPOM and Department of Defense (DoD) Information Security requirements. Audit information system security plans and procedures to comply with DoD and separate service regulations, directives and procedures. Function as Information Technology Security Administrator, coordinate and oversee compliance of multiple IT Security and Audit requirements in coordination with Security, IT Management, Audit, and Compliance. Provide input and assistance as an IT team member.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in design, implementation, upgrades, and support of Splunk (Indexers, Forwarders, Search-Heads, Multi-Site Architecture, etc)
- Identifying or writing Splunk Apps/Dashboards to aid in Security and Operational issues.
- Experience with Linux and Windows required for Splunk administration.
- Understanding with virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Assists in maintaining IT Security policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Performs comparisons between existing standards and practices and work instructions, correcting practice documents when needed.
- Responsible for recurring tasks on systems as assigned: Conduct scheduled inspections of systems/facilities that process classified information; Maintain and audit all logs and records associated with operation procedures; Audit security logs, reports, daily system audits, security logs and authentication features to assure security-relevant actions are properly implemented and executed; Create security reporting as required by ongoing business needs and audit requirements; Identify new security platforms/tools to improve overall infrastructure security; Review current and upcoming security requirements/threats and create the necessary actions to mitigate any risks to the organization.
- Evaluate enterprise business system proposed changes, updates, or patches and advise IT Management, Change Management Board, and ISM of relevance.
- Provide security best practice guidance and expertise to project manager(s) and BSA to define requirements for applications, installations, and program architecture for information systems.
- Provide assistance to IT team members, BPO, and Security staff to insure compliance with applicable IT Security policies, DoD/Service specific regulations and contractual security requirements.
- Perform as a member of the IT Incident Response Team for threats and security risks to the organization. This includes interfacing with the underlying teams/individuals to formulate and apply remediation action.
- Build and maintain cloud components specific to security, identity, and governance in multiple cloud providers.
- Develop and document cloud security best practices and security guidelines for cloud technologies.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3 years of Splunk Admin roles.
- 5 years of IT Security Experience.
- Ability to establish and participate in Implementation Teams and provide IT security considerations and planning to program management and engineering.
- Knowledge and practical experience of computer security components ( i.e. topology, switches, routers, firewalls)
- Understanding of current information security threat analysis, identification, mitigation and investigation techniques.
- Must be eligible for a DOD Personnel Security Clearance and any special access requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines preferred.
- At least one DoD 8570 Certification.
- Military career specialty in Information Assurance and/or Security is desired.
- Must be detail oriented; work with minimal supervision; Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Prior experience with IT Audit procedures and documentation.
- Extensive experience with hardware/software platforms to include Windows and Linux.
- Other professional certifications highly desirable.