The Social Media Strategist / Content Creator assists in developing and carrying out the company’s Social Media strategy. Primary focus is online engagement with customers and fans on a daily basis, and they act as an Internet liaison by responding to customer inquiries, offering solutions and sparking discussion on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Tumbler, Instagram, and more. Supports the development and execution of all social media postings by working cross-functionally with various departments to ensure newsworthy and real time marketing elements are incorporated. Responsible for gathering and interpreting results of social media campaigns and sharing those results with the Marketing team for further sharing with Senior Leadership. Closely monitors all online brand activity and conducts research on emerging social media channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all [insert company] brands and products
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success
- Mentor and provide training to communication and management professionals throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks
- Work with all company brands to explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely
- Gathers cross-functional content for release through social media channels to include offers, retail and customer service oriented material.
- Supports the development and execution of the Social Media Conversation Calendar by working cross-functionally with various departments to ensure newsworthy and relevant elements are incorporated.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the brand by interacting with customers and fans in real time and acts as liaison across the Internet by responding to customer inquiries, offering solutions and sparking discussion and engagement on all official social media channels.
- Escalates “Conversational Trends” on Facebook, Twitter and social platforms where applicable and makes recommendations on the type of message that could capitalize on in terms of that particular trend.
- Stays current on industry trends and shares industry research and competitive analyses during weekly 1:1 and team meetings.
- Works with issue management, Legal, PR and Marketing department colleagues to ensure uniformity of responses to various situations.
- Maintains customer content calendar to push information to the social media channel.
- Maintains Influencer list on Twitter to build relationships and increase online share of voice.
- Posts scheduled information through social media channels and monitors customer comments for the Marketing team.
- Collects customer inquiries via social channels and works with functional representatives to address issues.
- Prepares correspondence and other necessary communication, including word-processing, spreadsheet preparation, and report generation for internal requests in a timely manner.
- Provides social media support for the customer service team.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned