This position provides lead training for cloud solutions such as G Suite, serve as on-going adoption analyst for new technologies, solves deployment challenges and works to create CM knowledge bases/artifacts for all staff. Provide secondary technical support for customer support center. Including cloud based applications such as G Suite and other office automation software. This position will be the change manager and primary point of contact for low/mid-level complexity projects, lead the process of planning and delivering end user training services; communicate the features and benefits of office automation solutions. Aid in the analysis, design, testing, and support activities for adopted solutions; develop adoption strategies and incorporate into planning documents; design surveys to measure change readiness, usage and satisfaction; conduct needs analysis to identify business requirements and end users needs that may include training and evaluation; and, to support daily activities of the help desk to include answering trouble calls and providing Tier 2 software resolutions. This is an operational position to include training projects and working directly with end users to insure a full understanding, troubleshooting and usage of new technologies. In addition to specific project activities, technical support will include supporting a variety of computer platforms and software. These systems include PC’s and Tablets, software’s such as: G suites, and similar technologies.
NATURE AND VARIETY OF WORK
Employees provide training classes, install and configure hardware and software, troubleshoot and provide second line diagnosis for PC / Tablet hardware and software problems, and provide help desk problem resolution. Employees receive general supervision from a higher-level supervisor. Work is
reviewed in terms of effectiveness in meeting objectives. Guidelines in the form of departmental policies and procedures, technical manuals, and computer science principles and practices provide the parameters for employees to perform their work. Employees are required to use sound judgment as necessary to modify, adapt, or deviate from guidelines to accomplish work assignment objectives. Employees in this class interact with both technical and non-technical staff within other departments.
- You will be the primary point of contact for low/mid-level complexity project customers to lead them through the process of planning and delivering end user training and change management services.
- Communicate the features and benefits of G Suite and or other cloud based Office Automation software.
- Aid in the analysis, design, testing, and support activities for adoption solutions Plan and manage effective meetings with users. Customizing agendas, presentation templates, talking points, and activities.
- Identify client stakeholders for a change champion program and clearly communicate their roles and responsibilities when adopting new technologies.
- Develop adoption strategies and incorporate into planning documents.
- Design surveys to measure change readiness, usage, and satisfaction of new technologies.
- Gather end user requirements from technical documentation or project teams.
- Conduct needs analysis to identify business requirements and end user needs for training and evaluation.
- Develop and customize documentation for communications, management briefings, end user guides, and training to specific user groups, including departmental executives.
- Apply modern learning theory to deliver training and launch events to large-scale audiences.
New Technology Adoption Training:
- Provides in-person and recorded user training and documentation for the use of new applications, G Suite and other cloud systems.
- Assists end users by troubleshooting hardware, software, data communications, and related problems.
- Provides user training and documentation for the use of hardware and desktop applications
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of documentation of standard procedures and policies of OIT and the Help Center as related to PC set up, installation, and problem diagnosis.
- Tracks and monitors PC problems to insure a timely resolution for the customer.
- Receives, logs, and processes calls for assistance with PC's and other computer equipment.
- Determines requirements for applications systems, sharing of files and equipment, and data communications.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves computer problems in both network/telecommunications and stand-alone environments.
- Provides technical support for multiple computer platforms, applications, and operating systems.
- Advises, trains, and assists users on optimum use of equipment and ensures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computer science principles and practices, including knowledge of relational database systems, structured design and programming, data communications, quality assurance, information technology security and knowledge-based systems.
- Knowledge of a variety of office automation systems.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of business department to which assigned or the ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge.
- Skill in developing and maintaining operational documentation for production applications and processes for use by non-technical and technical staff.
- Skill level in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, communications, database management systems, and integration of data between diverse systems.
- Ability to use and interpret technical manuals.
- Ability to install IS components, install and test software.
- Ability to understand and apply basic quality assurance and computer/network security practices and departmental Information Technology security policy and standards.
- Ability to work with and provide assistance and training to non-technical staff-clerical, and professional and managerial.
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess experience with: G Suite ( mail, calendar, drive, Docs and sheets)
- Installation and troubleshooting of PC hardware (Dell, MS Surface, I - Pads and software - providing technical support for PC hardware, software and network - upgrading and maintenance of personal computer hardware logging and ticketing software HEAT.
Specific support will be provided to the Service Desk Team with responsibilities including:
In-depth working experience of Windows 7, Windows 10, Google Docs, Office 2010/2013, application installation, Active Directory and other office product systems. Company is migrating away from Microsoft to Google apps.