The Security Systems Administrator works closely with other IT staff to ensure that our systems meet the necessary security requirements. This is a newly created position for our organization and requires SME focus on our system security. As our technology transitions, this role is involved with increasing security posture, evaluating our environment, recommending changes, implementing those changes and in the long-term, maintaining that security. The SSA will implement and manage security related products, as well as ensure systems meet our standards; provide input to organization’s security policy. This is a terrific opportunity for a specialist in Security Systems who wants to own and drive the project with a great deal of autonomy.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and analyzes logs and alerts from a variety of platforms in order to identify and mitigate security incidents affecting the infrastructure. This includes analysis of logs from IDS/IPS, firewalls, proxies, antivirus and endpoint protection, servers and workstations, and other security tools and devices
- Follows defined workflow and processes for incident assessment and response where required.
- Ensures all issues documented promptly and effectively.
- Conduct automated security scans, evaluate and confirm findings and remediate.
- Works with other Technology and IT groups to ensure their applications and platforms are performing system logging in compliance with corporate security policy.
- Automates workflow and processes to streamline incident detection and response as well as improve the efficiency of operations.
- Maintains support contracts for security-related systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Cybersecurity expertise tuned into the current market with updated knowledge
- Experience working with log management and/or SEIM technologies
- Deep understanding of enterprise systems administration and enterprise networking
- Knowledge of protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, and SMTP
- Experience handling and understanding system and application logs
- Knowledge of Enterprise Antivirus, IDS, deep packet inspection and host/network threat analysis
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of hardening and updating Windows and Linux Systems
Additional Skills We’d Like to See
- The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a security role.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in Network, Windows and Linux systems management.
- Firewall Router Administration experience.