The role of the Security Architect requires expertise and passion in the IT security field to design and deliver corporate cyber security solutions that reduce the risk profile in the environment. The Security Architect is also an integral part in the developing the core IT Security strategy. The Security Architect works closely with the Enterprise IT Security Architect to ensure that application security aligns with overall security and applications requirements. The Security Architect also performs a critical role as a liaison for dedicated functions (ex: manufacturing, supply chain, etc.) to challenge and influence the focus of security within the respective area.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery and design of cyber security solutions; answers technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaches improved processes; mentors team members.
- Researches and communicates opportunities and solutions to overcome internal/external security challenges, proposes new solutions, and recommends best practices to management
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks with industry peers
- Performs role of security liaison for dedicated functions (ex: manufacturing, supply chain, etc.) to influence remediation of security gaps and implementation of security improvements with area leadership
- Engages with security software solution providers to improve solution delivery and enhance security capabilities within our environment
- Works with management to identify, evaluate, and recommend prospective IT solutions that align with security strategy
- Key member of architecture review board with focus on conducting risk-based assessments and providing recommendations for external/internal applications within dedicated functions
- Collaboration and alignment with Enterprise IT Security Architect
Functional Skills and Capabilities:
- Demonstrated ability to produce innovative risk-based security solutions that enable business capabilities
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills and ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions through to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
- Strong presentation skills, particularly to management audiences
- Capability and passion to mentor and influence others
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Extensive (minimum of 5 years) experience in information security and/or IT risk management with focus on defining and implementing security requirements and a proven track record of working with infrastructure and development teams to build secure solutions