A day in the life
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and stakeholders to plan, build, and deliver updates to our core products and services every sprint.
- Write, test, and ship code for our production Django API.
- Debug errors that might crop up and write patches to fix them.
- Design database tables for new features.
- Refactor and improve existing code for greater simplicity or performance.
- Write code to integrate with 3rd party partners and data sources.
- Work independently to identify bottlenecks and sources of potential failure and improve them.
- Setup and deploy open source applications or microservices using Docker and AWS beanstalk.
- Participate in code review and collaborate with other developers to ensure we’re shipping high quality code and products.
A perfect match
- You have extensive experience writing modern, testable Python code with a team of developers.
- You have experience with a web framework such as Django (Django Rest Framework) or Flask.
- You are comfortable creating relational database models, and preferably have some experience with Postgresql.
- You have experience writing code for web APIs and know what HTTP status codes to use when. You know when to use POST vs PUT requests and some REST API concepts. Maybe you’ve even dipped a toe into GraphQL APIs.
- You know some linux and aren’t afraid to SSH into a server to check out what’s going at the operating system level. Checking disk usage, running processes, or tailing logs.
- You have experience querying Elasticsearch.
Above and beyond
- Experience testing code with PyTest
- Experience with ReactJS and NodeJS
- Amazon Web Services ( RDS, EC2, S3, Beanstalk, and seemingly a million others )
- CI/CD ( Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, or similar )
- Some networking experience, you know what a subnet is
- Cybersecurity interest or background