The primary goal of the Principle Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of the organization's converged network to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users in the United States and Puerto Rico (must be bilingual English/Spanish). The Principle Network Engineer is responsible for contributing design ideas, integrating, maintaining and supporting LAN & WAN environments. The Principle Network Engineer provides high-level technical support for data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works on projects as needed to upgrade to new and/or improved network infrastructure equipment. This position requires the Principle Network Engineer to have an advanced level of knowledge of implementation and troubleshooting multiple routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP, etc.) and multilayer switches at an enterprise level. This position also requires excellent problem management and customer service skills.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional enterprise level work experience installing, maintaining & supporting Cisco routing & switching network systems.
- The Principle Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers and multilayer switches. A thorough understanding of the intricacies of routing protocol metrics is a must.
- The Principle Network Engineer be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Candidates need to have verifiable expertise with:
- Switching Concepts (VTP, Spanning Tree, Port Channels) Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration, Troubleshooting
- Routing Concepts (Protocols, Route Maps, Nat) Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration, Troubleshooting
- Route redistribution & tagging Knowledge, Understanding
- LAN & WAN protocols Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration, Troubleshooting
- Dual Hub site VPN technologies (DMVPN, IPSec, GRE) Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration
- Quality of Service (SLA) Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration
- Authentication Servers Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration
- IP Subnetting, NAT & layer 1-7 protocols Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration, Troubleshooting
- DNS & DHCP technologies Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration
- Load balancing concepts Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration
- High Availability technologies Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration, Troubleshooting
- Wireless Concepts including controllers, analytics, cloud setup Knowledge, Understanding, Configuration, Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting performance issues using network tools Knowledge, Understanding
Candidates should be familiar with:
- Working as a member of a large enterprise IT team
- Equinix Data Center Collocations
- Azure Cloud Practices
- Security awareness
- IP Telephony & VoIP technologies
- Link-Proof & Load balancers
- Endpoint functionalities (Servers, workstations, smart phones, etc)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Possess a CCIE Data Center and CCIE Route/Switch or display the level of knowledge associated with these certifications
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience managing and supporting network systems and providing services in a Cisco centric converged network infrastructure environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The unboxing, installation and removal of hardware devices such as routers, switches, UPS will occasionally be required.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 40-pound devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position works in an office, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, i.e. copier toner.
- This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.