The Payroll Specialist is responsible for generating and dispersing multi-state payroll functions including, bi-weekly and monthly processing, tracking payroll tax filings and reconciling payroll transactions. Researches, inputs, and pays all transaction types (W-4, direct deposit, payroll deductions, travel allowances, PTO, EST, bonuses). The Payroll Specialist will also be responsible for answering payroll questions for team members and managers, processes expenses and time records related to travel, prepares garnishments, tax levies, child support, and subpoenas. Strong excel and troubleshooting skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process bi-weekly, monthly, multi-state payroll for submission to payroll provider, including preparation of FLSA OT calculations.
- Perform payroll audits to ensure timely and accurate timesheet submissions
- Monitor payroll emails daily and resolve employee questions as they relate to payroll
- Process 401K loan and Dependent FSA payments
- Create tax accounts, track and report tax notices received, submitted to payroll provider and completed to the Finance Director.
- Reconcile quarterly 941 and annual W2 reporting
- Identify and suggest process changes to help automate payroll entries, reconciliation, and/or enhance the accuracy of the overall process
- Prepare month-end close entries such as payroll accruals, training reclass and goodwill amortization
- Reconcile cash accounts and payroll liability accounts &nbs p;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must have recent, up to date, experience using UltiPro
- At least 3 years’ experience with Ultipro
- Solid knowledge of regulatory standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is a must have
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines