- Provide day to day administration of the Palo Alto environment.
- Create the appropriate rules, etc. for the Palo Alto firewalls.
- Review logs for issues & remediate as necessary.
- Create any required documentation.
- Perform knowledge transfer to the Operations or Managed Services teams.
- If required, work with the implementation team to assist with the migration from the existing Cisco firewall environment.
- Adhere to any customer specified Security and compliance requirements.
- Interface with various teams, including Business units, to determine any firewall rule requirements, test and implement them.
- Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems.
- Effectively communicate with the team.
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of Palo Alto next generation firewalls.
- Must have implemented or migrated large Palo Alto firewalls (5620 or similar) in a production environment.
- Must have experience supporting Palo Alto firewalls in a production environment for at least 3 years.
- 3 years’ experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- 5-10 years’ data center migration experience
- Understanding of and adherence to change management
- Experience working in a large corporate environment
- Experience documenting a production environment for Operational hand-over.