The Embedded Firmware Engineer will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining our battery-operated GPS tracking device. Our embedded products include GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ISM RF, encryption, and various other technologies. The ideal candidate processes strong leadership skills and is equipped to elevate and educate the current hardware/firmware team on related technologies listed above. This person will work closely with Hardware Engineering, Software Development, and QA as the entire R&D department adds support, features, capabilities and improvements to all existing and future products. This person will also actively participate and help coordinate development via phone, email and video conference with the sister company overseas with the understanding and consideration of large time differences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years Direct hands on experience embedded firmware development on any type on any type of device
- Working with Radio Frequencies is a must
- Schematics – Strong Experience reading, writing, testing and designing Schematics
- Experience working with Microcontrollers and RTOS strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience developing and supporting embedded firmware solutions
- 5+ years’ experience working in C / C++ in embedded devices
- Team lead and leadership experience strongly preferred
- Strong debugging skills (both hardware and software)
- Familiarity with the following preferred: ARM compilers, Keil IDE, and NXP
- Ability to travel domestic and international (1-2 times per year)