The Security Analyst operates and maintains the InfoSec team’s portfolio of security capabilities and tools. This role will focus heavily on operational activities across premises and cloud environments, FireEye and Security Onion. The Security Analyst also participates in monitoring, triaging and incident response activities.
- Function as a technical analyst in security incident management ensuring that incidents are properly identified, analyzed, and remediated
- Assist in security risk, threat and vulnerability assessments
- Assist with implantation of tools and technologies to continuously improve client security
- Monitor, maintain, and review the network, devices, and servers for security vulnerabilities and violations; the timely application of network/system remediation; the improvement and standardization of security systems; and anomalies or potential security breaches from logs, alerts, events and reports
- Guide the adoption of “best practices” by partnering with client teams and programs, from gathering requirements to timely completion of work
- Participate in regular, ongoing status meetings to keep Information Security members informed of ongoing projects and initiatives
- Assist with ensuring consistent Information Security Team reporting of risk assessments, metrics, overviews of emerging technology, information security incidents and ongoing investigations
- Interface and coordinate with members of the IT Department and cross-departmental business units
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field with emphasis on Information Systems Security or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with host security including antivirus, malware analysis, security logs, and incident response artifacts