This position will interact with a wide range of business partners, vendors and IT teams. This position will also interact with various levels of management to implement solutions on new projects and to assist in further enhancing our support capabilities and effectiveness.
This position will work with management and staff as a senior technical lead role that designs, develops, deploys and supports new capabilities across the identity and access management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) cyber security program, serving a diverse set of stakeholders. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develops or maintains computer programs and vendor security applications/tools, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and installation as needed.
- Conducts feasibility studies and defines and designs system requirements for complex projects.
- Acts as a liaison to the other systems areas and provides technical guidance and can direct project development as needed.
- Acts as the technical consultant on project development or transition of new support requirements and the implementation of any new support processes.
- Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on inquiries and problem reports to determine short workarounds and long term resolution of reported problems or malfunctions.
- Serves as an expert resource or “go to person” within a group; may review work of others.
- Consults with system partners and other business units regarding current and proposed support techniques, practices, or new technologies.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on current processes, practices, or technologies that would enhance business needs.
- Communicates with systems, vendors, and partners at all levels in the business unit about proposed processes that would enhance current practices.
- Provides input into strategic planning and long-range direction for technology and practices in production support.
- Reviews documents, existing procedures, and processes and recommends where automation or improved processes can be implemented.
- Provides input into strategic planning and long-range direction for technology and practices in Designs/develops new procedures when appropriate.
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of new processes, systems and/or modifications to existing solutions.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Identity Access Management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) applications and tools, such as IBM Tivoli Identity Management (TIM/ISAM/ISIM), SailPoint, CyberArk, etc.
- Security architecture and design experience.
- Experience with role engineering tools, such as CA Role and Compliance Manager
- Experience working with programming languages; Core JAVA , J2EE, Spring.
- Experience working with Relational Databases - Oracle, SQL Server.
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience installing, deploying, supporting, and customizing vendor software across multiple platforms (UNIX, Windows, etc…).
- LDAP directories, including Active Directory, ADAM
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience building bullet-proofing / automated monitoring capabilities around vended applications.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and collaborate with others to establish and meet timelines with minimal oversight.
- Proven experience with all phases of SDLC and ITIL.
- Broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of network concepts and systems.
- Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules and regulations, especially concerning employee privacy.
- Demonstrated understanding of the managing and reporting of compliance environments (i.e. SOX, NERC CIP, HIPAA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum / Waterfall.
8 - 10 years experience in a development role is ideal with project feasibility, definition requirements, and design and/or project leadership. 5+ years in a Solution Architect role desired. Advanced analytical and communication skills are required to evaluate effectiveness of processes, and to redesign or implement system changes.