To support customers throughout the company by designing, developing and maintaining data integrations and databases which meet the requirements of their unique business needs. This person is responsible for ensuring these data integrations and databases follow standards, are documented, properly tested and controlled to maintain application and system integrity.
- Extensive interaction with customers throughout the company, including store personnel and other corporate center departments.
- Reports to the Director of Application Development.
- Extensive interaction with the Divisional Vice President of Corporate & Analytics Systems and other team members.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Partner with leadership and internal stakeholders to understand business and end-user needs, acquire subject matter expertise and assess key opportunities, then design and implement high quality data solutions and applications.
- Meet with data and report consumers and other stakeholders to elicit and document requirements and propose appropriate solutions.
- Design, document and develop functional and technical specifications, prototypes, and final delivery of solutions.
- Review current interface processes and propose and implement improved and automated solutions.
- Enable data mining and data collection activities by creating ad-hoc queries and stored procedures.
- Oversee and maintain existing reports and databases and assist with resolving unexpected results when they occur.
- Participate in peer reviews in and across teams.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance in the design and documentation of test scripts.
- Perform Other Duties as assigned
Supporting roles in:
- Development of organizational goals and objectives.
- Developing an overall strategy for addressing business needs surrounding data focused applications.
- Acquiring and implementing required functionality via solution procurement.
- Implementation of standards, procedures, and controls.
- Creation of development and documentation standards for interfaces and applications.
- Architectural strategy for data and reporting systems.
- Strategic planning of technical solutions for the IS department.
PERSONAL & CHARACTER QUALIFICATIONS:
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based environment.
- Advanced problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated and directed, able to balance multiple and competing tasks while adjusting priorities and maintaining focus as business priorities change.
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A focus on internal customer service
- Excellent communication
- Keen attention to detail
- Flexibility in assignments and technology solutions as needed
- Three or more years of data integration, database design and/or Business Intelligence experience. Experience developing ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Experience does not need to be limited to only include corporate environments.
- Understanding of T-SQL.
- Optional skill sets may include: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Experience in object-oriented programming, such as Java, Python, C#,
- PL-SQL and Oracle skills.
- Familiarity with source control applications, such as Team Foundation Services.
- Ability to define - 1. Systemic requirements for data integrations and applications to ensure maintainability; 2. Monitoring requirements and implement protocols for handling alerts.
- Review and complete acceptance testing on deliverables.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database/reporting development issues and products.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving errors.
- Awareness of applicable data privacy practices.
- Knowledge of Finance, HCM, Workforce Management within a retail environment is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, certification or experience.