- Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Must have Real Time Operating Systems Experience
- Experience with C++ and/or Ada
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering field
- Embedded Software Engineering experience
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- EW Background
- Capable of working on both high and low level software
- VxWorks or similar embedded OS experience
- UML design experience