****MUST BE A US CITIZEN WITH THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE****
Acting under the authority of the Manager, Electrical Engineering shall develop and apply advanced electrical engineering design methods, CAD tools, theories, leadership skills, planning skills and research techniques in the development of complex and advanced electro-mechanical / electronics based systems to strict standards. Responsible for process, tool, and productivity improvements in the Electrical / Electronic area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays a high concern for effectiveness, excellent communication skills, and ability to plan, schedule, and perform within approved cost and schedule budgets.
- Remains abreast of the most modern electrical / electronic engineering concepts, processes and tools through personal initiative and continuing education programs applying this knowledge to assigned projects when appropriate.
- Develops necessary and sufficient technical designs and documentation to meet goals of assigned projects.
- Coordinates activities with lead/peer engineers and other project personnel in a manner that results in optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Assumes a lead role in defining, planning, coordinating and implementing process, tool, and productivity improvements for the Electrical/Electronics group.
- Performs efforts within established cost and schedule budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical engineering concepts and practices
- Understanding of NFPA 70: National Electrical Code; familiar with IEC standards
- Proven ability to design electrical solutions from OEM data
- Working knowledge of Mil Specifications & Standards / ANSI is a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic design environment
- May provide guidance to junior team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BSEE with 5+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Electrical design processes and CAD applications with a minimum of 2 years software development background.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Must have a sound understand of electrical circuitry.
- Must have experience with design of Simulation wiring
- Ability to develop, test, modify, implement and evaluate electrical engineering designs, procedures, processes and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with department personnel, Program Management and customers to resolve problems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare written and verbal reports for internal and customer reviews.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Must be able to solve technical and other business issues in a logical fashion
- Must be detail oriented.