**MUST HAVE ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE IN THE BANKING iNDUSTRY**
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees activities of the Financial Reporting and Project Management teams within the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for maintenance and integrity of the General Ledger system. Reviews the timely reconciliation process for all cash-related accounts including the Federal Reserve clearing account, other operating accounts, deposits in transit accounts, ATM, ITM, Vault Cash and Inventories. Ensures timely clearing of outstanding items on reconciliations. Creates and implements reports and general ledgers for new products, vendors, or system upgrades.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of monthly financial reports for senior management and the Board of Directors. Responsible for preparation and review of regulatory reporting to NCUA and FLOFR (quarterly “call” reports) and to the Federal Reserve Bank (weekly FR2900).
- Responsible for monthly review of all balance sheet general ledger accounts and for preparation of exceptions report to senior management.
- Responsible for preparation and review of monthly CUSO financial statements, reports, and formal general ledger reconcilements.
- Oversees the annual IRS tax filing of Form 1099 and reviews the fixed asset functions and reporting.
- Responsible for the review of the Credit Union annual budget and the quarterly analyses of the budget and business plan
- Ensures accounting system complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and rules and regulations of the National Credit Union Administration and Florida Office of Financial Regulations (FLOFR).
- Coordinates schedules and other information required for external and internal auditors, and regulatory examiners. Directs and assists Internal Audit and accounting teams with NCUA, FLOFR and Federal Reserve reporting.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations more efficient. Performs considerable short-term planning, scheduling, and coordinating within area of responsibility.
- Sets goals and objectives for assigned teams for achievement of operational and strategic results. Provides direction and guidance to one or more subordinate managers or supervisors. Develops and mentors directly reporting staff. Responds appropriately to employee complaints and issues. Cultivates strong working relationships and builds trust among team members.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current trends, laws, and issues affecting area of expertise. Attends educational events that will increase professional knowledge and be otherwise beneficial to the Credit Union. Completes annual BSA/AML Compliance Training and understands employee’s role in maintaining an effective BSA/AML compliance program, and completes FACT Act Red Flag training.
Minimum Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance. CPA or MBA desired.
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, preferable with a financial institution.
- 6+ years management experience.
- Able to analyze and interpret financial and statistical reports.
- Strong organization, prioritization, analytical, and problem-solving skills in order to effectively manage area of responsibility and attain goals set.
- Able to analyze and resolve difficult and complex problems and situations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer systems and software applications required to perform job duties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with members, staff, vendors, and government regulators.