This position will be responsible for providing Design support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
- Provide CAD support (PTC Creo) to engineers and designers
- Generate new drawings and documentation, as well as modify existing drawings and documentation
- Control mechanical digital data files and drawings.
- Prepare and incorporate engineering change orders
- Input data and manage hardware structures in a Product Data Management tool
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Proficient with 3D CAD tools, specifically PTC Creo Parametric.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable government and industry standards including ASME Y14.5 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices), and its application techniques.
- Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Previous experience in supporting the design of ground structures, mechanisms, electronics packaging, and/or composite structures
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or equivalent. May consider experience in lieu of formal education.