The Systems Administrator is proficient in all aspects of analysis, implementation and support of business application systems including: Deltek Costpoint, Time & Expense, Microsoft SQL and other business solutions for Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in the planning, design, documenting, implementing and support of complex business systems.
- Resolves issues and makes recommendations requiring judgment and initiative.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Performs QA reviews of configurations for implementations or changes.
- Manage the maintenance, patches, upgrades and overall health of business applications.
- Provide orientation, mentoring and training for applications, changes and/or enhancements
- Ensure compliance with company’s Information Technology Application Systems regarding security policies and procedures
- Undertakes independent studies, analysis, interpretations and proposes solutions.
- Able to identify key business requirements with minimal information by quickly identifying key players and asking the right questions.
- Establishes and facilitates communication with other teams in order to manage inter-dependencies or requirements.
- Guides junior team members, provides coaching/mentoring and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.A. / B.S and 6 years of related experience in supporting business applications.
- 4+ years’ experience in Deltek Costpoint, Time & Expense, and Cobra
- 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft or Oracle databases
- Self-motivated and able to build relationships with, customers and IT professionals from other teams / functions
- Excellent knowledge of industry standards and trends, with a strong understanding of such practices and the main reasons for key particularities.
- Excellent knowledge of IT business processes and ability to act as a driver of improvements with a demonstrated ability to initiate and follow through on process improvements.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record in problem solving, identifying and confronting problems (even when the problem occurs outside own domain), proposing the best technical and cost effective solutions.
- Familiarity with SOX and Information Assurance programs
- Experience with ADP, ASAP Passport, BaaN financials, Cobra, ProPricer, AppGRC, Magic XPI, Crystal Reports, Cognos and Domo preferred.
- Materials Management, MRP experience preferred