The Data Center Architect will work in an innovative and growing organization and use IT skills to develop/maintain scalable solutions. This candidate should have a technical foundation in areas of systems, virtualization, networking, SAN storage, and Cisco UCS. This person will be responsible for datacenter projects that requires a level knowledge of Microsoft OS, VMware, Cisco, Linux, and Compellent. Knowledge of Active directory will be needed to manage domains. Application and server monitoring with the ability troubleshooting hardware and software related problems. This position also requires contributing to a team-oriented support environment with strong communication and troubleshooting skills while managing tickets and escalating support in a professional environment.
List of duties include the following:
- Datacenter knowledge using VMware platform.
- Design and deploy new systems and enhancements to existing hardware, applications and operating systems such as Microsoft Server, and Linux.
- Experience with troubleshooting/diagnosing Active Directory issues such as replication, time synchronization, Kerberos, trusts and overall domain controller health.
- Knowledge of AD Forest upgrades and migrations from multiple forests into one.
- Experience with Group Policy Management
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting in datacenter and corporate environments.
- Terminal Server administration including review of problem/performance issues.
- Maintain and administer datacenter Cisco, Dell, VMware 5.X/ 6.X, and storage infrastructures using Compellent SAN/EMC.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity problems, including user access and systems configuration.
- Configures hardware and software for the corporate and datacenter environments.
- Performs maintenance and release upgrades on a timely basis.
- Maintain and administer backup systems and document all backup policies
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Keeps technical management informed about progress, problems, and activities.
- Keeps peers informed about changes, improvements, etc. that might affect them.
- BS Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years of focused on the datacenter
- Storage solutions SAN(Compellent)/NAS, Fiber Channel (FC) Switches, Tape Libraries, and backup
- VMware / Virtualization Technologies
- Server Platforms: Intel Based / Blade Systems / Cisco Unified Computing (UCS)/ Dell.
- Experience with multiple operating systems, Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Active Directory skills a must
- PowerShell scripting for AD
- DNS, DHCP
- Group Policy
- Domain and forest trusts
- SSL Certificates
- Backup Software
- MCITP, VCP, CCNA a plus
- On Call Rotation
- Possible Travel up to 10%
- Ability to work evenings/weekends during projects