A successful Customer Service Manager will provide leadership, assistance and tools to team members ensuring effective and efficient customer service. Responsibilities include reviewing the quality and content of email, web chats and phone conversations and providing constructive feedback to team members. In addition, the ideal candidate will keep the customer service team informed of product and procedure updates and provide training when necessary.
As a result of our new brand launch, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about finding solutions that help us provide better service to our customers. This person should be able to adapt and implement changes quickly. Clear communication and collaboration with other departments will be essential.
This candidate should be comfortable with web-based service platforms as well as inventory management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on developing and monitoring all aspects of the team’s communication with our customers. Ensuring that the team is delivering the correct tone, message and solutions to each brand.
- Ensure the customer service team delivers timely communication and responses to customers.
- Create new customer service scripts, procedures and protocols for new brand launch.
- Quickly identify product, technology or procedural issues and make recommendations for solutions.
- Identify with and understand a variety of different customer groups and communicate with them effectively.
- Maintain timely communication with other departments in regard to customer feedback.
- Monitor new technology and trends that may improve customer service efficiency.
- Monitor department budget and seeks cost savings measures.
- Provide training for new employees as well as re-training for existing team members.
- Handle managerial aspects such as scheduling, performance reviews, conflict resolution, and coaching.
- Proficient in MS Office, and ability to quickly learn and become proficient in web-based software programs.
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to self-manage.
- Must have great leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to motivate and cultivate a positive team atmosphere.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and understand how new and existing features of software may benefit the company.
- Ability to assist in new software implementation and training.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to create reports and analyze key performance indicators.
- Ability to identify and meet goals and budgets.
- Ability to educate oneself in areas where depth of knowledge is lacking.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and handle multiple brands with a single team.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to meet deadlines, and have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent written communication skills and proper email etiquette.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in related position
- Experience with Zendesk, ShipStation, Live Chat, E-Commerce platforms a plus
- Experience with inventory management
- Experience with E-commerce and basic understanding of online marketing