This entry level compliance position is open due to internal promotions within the department. This position is working in the Compliance, Risk, & Auditing areas with an emphasis on technology risk and controls. The candidate contributes to the accomplishments of Compliance and Risk Management Programs by monitoring and facilitating audit & risk activities in both the Information Technology and business operations; gap control findings, monitoring, tracking, and documenting remediation efforts, and by maintaining Compliance activities meet deadlines and program initiatives.
This position will coordinate audits and risk assessments as outlined by a schedule, track all supporting statistics and reporting efforts for both areas. The candidate will assist with the facilitation of audits and risk assessment workshops, be a liaison for monitoring risk mitigation and remediation results. Ensure all program documents and procedures are updated and maintained. Assists the department within areas of Compliance, Audits, Risk, Privacy, & Legal. With an emphasis on technology risks and controls.
- Prepping, coordinating, and conducting audits with various resources of the company
- Drafting reports of the completed audits
- Logging any gaps
- Meeting with various policy and/or process owners on final audit reports
- Prepares compliance audit and risk data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information coordinating with various departments.
- Develops reports and compiles data of programs effectiveness, such as program surveys and program audit result dashboard reporting.
- Maintains close communication with Compliance Manager about risk & audit statuses, and progress toward deadlines .
- Provides administrative support by maintaining compliance and risk procedures, policies, and materials; coordinates schedules, supports training initiatives, completes projects in support of compliance program.
- Maintains appropriate and complete records, controls, and tracking methods to ensure work is managed efficiently and accurately.
- Assists with the coordination of resources for internal and external audit scheduling. Coordinates supportive needs, including maintaining audit schedule, coordinating auditors, acting as an auditor, and risk assessment activities. Conduct peer reviews for audits and risk assessments.
- Maintains all tracking logs (gap, risk register).
- Assisting with risk assessment reviews, documentation, coordinating resources, drafting reports, providing requirements to internal teams, and supports in risk discussions
- Sharing knowledge of company systems, security controls, and/or technical processes to support audits and risks
- Share knowledge of operations to support audits and risks
- Coordinates inquires received through the Compliance department email box.
- Participates in department meetings by sharing information and ideas with others.
Experience & Qualifications:
- IT General Controls Auditing Experience
- Risk Assessment Experience
- Technology knowledge
- Working experience in risk, audits, compliance and/or information technology
- College diploma or university degree preferably in the field of computer science, information sciences
- Minimum of 2 years’ equivalent work experience in a professional working environment preferably in the areas of Compliance, Risk, and/or Legal