Our client is a solutions company that focuses on the provision of reliable and secure network connectivity for enterprises and healthcare customers with mission critical applications, data storage and security services. As a engineering and technical specialist, the company enables healthcare and business IT infrastructure through managed professional services for diverse vertical markets in the U.S. and globally.
Full benefits package offered includes four medical plan options (including an HSA), dental, vision, FSA Program, STD/LTD, life insurance and matching 401k; paid holidays, vacation, personal and floating holidays.
This position will be a customer facing Solutions Architect working with high scale Cloud computing designs and managed services solutions. The Solutions Architect has the responsibility for architecture, design, implementation, and support ability of cloud-based solutions and related data center infrastructure for hosted customers. Responsibilities also include designing and building service models for cloud hosting. The successful candidate will work with other Technology Services team members and end users to understand business requirements and identify appropriate solutions. The Solutions Architect serves a critical role to further client’s adoption of Cloud Hosting. Solutions Architects are often called on by Sales, System Engineering, Analytics, and Sales Engineering Teams for technical assistance in performing network and technical audits and demonstrations for potential customers.
This is a Technical Architect Position. Resumes that are purely management based will not be considered.
- Candidates for the position of Solutions Architect lead in the design, development and implementation of cloud services and cloud adoption strategy.
- Candidates must be able to provide expert level technical support to customer and internal teams accordingly on product functionality, network designs, and complex
- Candidates will participate in business requirement gathering sessions, gathers user data requirements, understand the user requirements and assist in the reconciliation of technical and business requirements as they relate to cloud or data center solutions. In addition, this position will assist with presentations, proposals, conduct training sessions, and participate in vendor and customer
- Candidates will conduct research on emerging technologies in support of cloud and infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Candidates must be able to work in a strong team environment to support the design, development, testing, documentation, and support of company projects.
- Candidates for this position must be willing and able to represent themselves professionally to customers and vendors alike through both verbal and written communications.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 20% domestic US only. Candidates must pass a full background check.
Expertise and knowledge of:
- Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, OTV, LISP, FabricPath, etc.
- Storage networking protocols: Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing
- Software as a service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes and container Orchestration
- X86 hardware solutions. Rack and blade server solutions from HP, IBM, Dell, and Cisco
- Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, and WAN optimization
- VMware: ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), View, and vCloud
- Data Center facilities: power/cooling/cabling.
- Disaster recovery solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, and active/active
- High availability architectures and clustering solutions (Oracle RAC, Veritas, et al.)
- Applications: Microsoft, & Oracle suites. RISC, mid-range, mainframe platforms; Infrastructure monitoring applications, Healthcare imaging applications are a plus.
- Virtualization: Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization
- Databases: Oracle, SQL, and data warehousing/analytics solutions
- Middleware: Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, etc.
- EMC, Dell, and NetApp storage technologies
- Competitive offerings from HP, Juniper, Brocade, Riverbed, IBM, Dell, Arista, etc.
- Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems
- Cisco: Hyperflex (HX) compute platforms, Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Nexus Spine & Leaf architectures,
- Must possess exceptional Microsoft Visio network drawing and solution design documentation ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Five years or more of experience in enterprise and service-oriented architectures with at least two years of applied experience in private cloud infrastructure development for Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- 5 years or more of experience with technical infrastructure design methodologies and datacenter architectures.
- 5 years or more of applied server virtualization experience.
- Experience in project management.