This position will be both a customer facing as well as an internal systems role working with high scale cloud computing infrastructures and managed services solutions. The Data Center/Cloud Computing Solutions Architect has the responsibility for architecture, design, implementation, and operations of cloud-based solutions for hosted customers. Responsibilities also include designing and building service models for the healthcare applications as a service (AaaS) product line. The successful candidate will work with other Technology Services team members and end users to understand business requirements and identify appropriate solutions. The Data Center/Cloud Computing Solutions Architect serves a critical role to the product road-map. Cloud Architects are often called on by Sales, System Engineering, Analytics, and Sales Engineering Teams for technical assistance in performing infrastructure and technical audits and demonstrations for potential customers.
- Candidates for the position of Data Center/Cloud Computing Architect lead in the design, development and implementation, and operations of specific SaaS/AaaS product offerings.
- Candidates must be able to provide expert level technical support to customer and internal teams accordingly on product functionality, network designs, and complex
- Candidates will participate in business requirement gathering sessions, gathers user data requirements, understands the user requirements and assist in the reconciliation of technical and business requirements as they relate to cloud or data center solutions. In addition, this position will assist with presentations, proposals, conduct training sessions, and participate in vendor and customer
- Candidates will conduct research on emerging technologies in support of cloud and infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Candidates must be able to work in a strong team environment to support the design, development, testing, documentation, and support of company projects.
- Candidates for this position must be willing and able to represent themselves professionally to customers and vendors alike through both verbal and written communications.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 20% domestic U.S. only. Candidates must pass a full background check.
Expertise and Knowledge of:
- Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, OTV, LISP, FabricPath, etc.
- Storage networking protocols: Fiber Channel, FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing.
- Software as a service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes and container Orchestration
- X86 hardware solutions. Rack and blade server solutions from Dell, and Cisco.
- Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, and WAN optimization.
- VMware: ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), View, and vCloud.
- Data Center facilities: power/cooling/cabling.
- Disaster Recovery Solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, and active/active.
- High availability architectures and clustering solutions (Oracle RAC, Veritas, et al.).
- Applications: Microsoft suites. RISC, mid-range, mainframe platforms.
- Virtualization: Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization.
- Databases: Oracle, SQL, and data warehousing/analytics solutions.
- Middleware: Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, etc.
- EMC, Dell, and NetApp storage technologies.
- Competitive offerings from HP, Juniper, Brocade, Riverbed, IBM, Dell, Arista, etc.
- Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems such as micro segmentation, multi-tenancy
- Cisco: Hyperflex (HX) compute platforms, Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Nexus Spine & Leaf architectures.
- Must possess detailed Microsoft Visio network drawing and documentation ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Five years or more of experience in enterprise and service-oriented architectures with at least two years of applied experience in private cloud infrastructure development for Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- 5 years or more of experience with technical infrastructure design methodologies and datacenter architectures.
- 5 years or more of applied server virtualization experience.
- Experience in project management.