We are seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer with a strong background in network security infrastructure management, support, and implementation. A Senior Engineer will spend the majority of time interfacing with customers to gather information, manage, troubleshoot, and implement network security solutions to help customers manage their network security infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot network and security devices. This will mostly be Checkpoint firewalls and Fortinet, but products may increase depending on future customers.
- Be available to take inbound calls during shift time.
- Be proactive with management tasks for managed services customers.
- Ability to travel up to 75% (local travel within 3-county area) and 25% travel (outside 3-county area)
- Build and manage lab environment to test customer solutions.
- Work break/fix tickets that come into the queue. Onboard new customers, which includes gathering customer documentation and diagrams, using this to create documentation, getting login access to devices, assisting the Monitoring team to get devices monitored, etc.
- Run periodic health checks and security policy reviews on devices.
- Set up backups on devices.
- Manage IPS and other next-gen features on firewalls.
- Help the reporting team get what they need to generate reports for devices.
- Perform upgrades and migrations.
- Make rule changes.
- Manage App. Control/URL Filtering, Identity Awareness, Threat Prevention, AV/AS/AM, SmartEvent, any blades the customer uses.
- Configure and apply new features.
- Build and troubleshoot VPNs.
- Expert level Check Point experience and knowledge. With the willingness and ability to learn other vendors and networking technologies. (CCSE or CCSM a plus)
- Fundamental understanding of network concepts and protocols such as RIP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, STP, VRRP, WCCP, Load Balancing, and WAN Acceleration, VPN tunnels, MPLS.
- Ability to demonstrate and present solid networking and security experience to customers and partners is required.
- Ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and verbally.
- Work with fellow team members and team leads in growing company offering in respect to Managed Security services.