Job Purpose and Scope:
The DevOps Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining tools and systems used to deploy, operate, troubleshoot, and monitor software. Candidate must have experience with Azure cloud and modern continuous integration and delivery systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, implements and maintains continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation pipelines including build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Designs and implements proactive monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of all deployed applications.
- Designs and implements systems and tools used by other teams to troubleshoot applications (e.g. logging, Azure Monitor).
- Automates all steps required to deliver applications to production.
- Assists in defining software architecture and infrastructure.
- Helps teams to troubleshoot issues in different environments.
- Produces high quality systems documentation.
- Works in an agile development environment, collaborating with application development and IT teams.
- Handles code deployments in all environments.
- May be required to be on-call, or provide weekend and after hours support for product deployments and issue resolution.
- Suggests improvements to applications and processes.
- Develops scripts, tools, libraries, and systems to help automate continuous integration and delivery process and to simplify operations of applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- Experience with .NET Framework and C#.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation pipelines (e.g. Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps).