Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice Directors to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team.
Specifically as a Cloud Security Senior Consultant II the candidate will assist with the development and implementation for AWS cloud security architectures for protecting PHI/PII/PCI data deployed into various cloud, hybrid, and on-premise systems. This position will directly contribute to the overall implementation of global enterprise security cloud architecture while working closely with senior staff to enhance and develop new designs and security strategies across all types of cloud-based applications (including infrastructure, platform, and software as a service.)
The Cloud Security Engineer will partner with both senior staff and clients directly to ensure open lines of communication and clear understanding of objectives within each project. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, required for partnering with both internal resources and external clients and resources.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Comfortably delivers solo-based work or act as "point" for complex projects
- Acts as technical escalation point to assist other consultants.
- Lead in capacity planning and HW specification recommendation efforts.
- Lead in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts.
- Design, implement and educate on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use.
- Effectively provide knowledge transfer and post production support activities as necessary.
- Excellent team communicator.
- Mentors less experienced consultants
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations.
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification.
- Consistently complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
- This position is local to the Dallas, TX area for daily onsite client support.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 5-7 years of related work experience.
- Approximately 4-7 years of technical architecture experience
- Implement security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Extensive Python, CFT (JSON/YAML), Terraform skills for building out automation and infrastructure as code
- Experience in standing up CICD pipeline, orchestration with Jenkins/bamboo, code development in one of cm technologies with chef , puppet, ansible
- Thoroughly document implementations, via technical documentation and run-books for the client
- Provide input and feedback on security architectures
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
- Possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and technologies.
- Represent Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global cloud enterprise architecture
- Customer facing role – Walk thru to white boarding of architecture and implementation planning to stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of large scale environments
- Strong knowledge of multiple security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems.
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to build consensus.
- Solid business acumen and basic project management expertise.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
- Valid driver's license in the US
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications for AWS