Software Quality Engineer responsible for configuration control and quality assurance of software and the software development environment throughout the product lifecycle, including baseline management, change control, requirements verification, status accounting and audit. This position will require the candidate to evaluate existing quality and configuration processes and develop implementation of quality assurance processes to meet customer requirements and on-time delivery. Specific responsibilities include:
• Interface with Software Development Engineers to assess existing configuration control and quality assurance processes
• Implement configuration baseline management processes to administer software version control and change management utilizing established software development tools
• Management of software work products in accordance with contractual requirements, program plans and Harris policy and procedure
• Implement quality assurance processes to validate products through design reviews, testing and/or audits.
• Witness build, installation and test of software and software systems.
• Review product documentation for correctness and completeness.
• Participate in team software design/code peer reviews for technical and process evaluation.
• Investigate defects and work with teammates to develop disposition, evaluate root cause, and establish corrective actions.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline with 10 years of experience or a Masters degree and 8 years of experience.
• At least 10 years' experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java, object-oriented design concepts.
• At least 5 years experience with quality assurance principles and software development lifecycles.
• At least 5 years experience with software configuration and change management practices.
• Direct experience working with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Git)
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Strong background in software development and software test
• Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement and AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality systems experience.
• Certified quality assurance professional.
• Excellent written, oral, presentation and team skills.
• Administrator experience with Atlassian toolsets
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work individually to achieve shared team objectives and drive process change